Health and nutrition are important factors to consider to improve your general wellbeing. Conflicting opinions exist on the use of supplements to improve health. But, one sure thing is that it is impossible to get the essential nutrients your body needs by eating food only.
On the other hand, dietary changes can improve women’s health. It entails taking the proactive approach to consuming healthy products. You can switch to eating lean protein, low-fat dairy products, whole grains, vegetables, and fruits. Still, there are natural health supplements for women during pregnancy. Some of the common nutrients for females include;
- Vitamin D: the element that is essential for the body’s calcium absorption. Also, it helps avert certain diseases and strengthens the bone. Fortified foods and exposure to the sun can help supplement the nutrient.
- B vitamins: vegetables, fruits and whole grains have B vitamins (B12, B6, B5, B3, B2 and B1). The vitamins are vital in providing the body with the energy it needs to be productive.
- Calcium: dairy products can supply you with calcium, but it is advisable to consume low-fat products. The nutrient is vital for bones and teeth. Osteoporosis is higher in women, and enough calcium intake will avert the risks. Still, the component helps with cell functioning, muscles functionality, heart performance and preventing blood clotting.
- Omega-3: the fatty acids help improve cardiovascular health. The human body cannot produce enough nutrients, and you can increase the amount by taking supplements. Particular types of fish like salmon, sardines, and herring can give you the components. Studies show that Omega-3 helps with mental wellness.
- Foliate: for the proper functioning of body cells, it would help to have enough foliate. Green vegetables can supplement what your body needs. It is essential for pregnant and adult women.
Tips to Achieve Better Health
Taking supplements without a healthy diet and lifestyle will not work. Here are tips to help you achieve better health;
Avoid Processed Foods
Food processing alters the composition of food compounds. The process adds flavours, colouring, preservatives, salts, refined oils and sugars. Fried, packaged, frozen and fast foods are examples. You can consume proteins and nutritious foods, including those rich in fiber.
Minimize Sugar Intake
Sweet drinks contribute largely to childhood obesity in America. An intake of a lot of sugar can lead to diabetes or cardiovascular complications in adults. So, it would help to avoid consuming sugary drinks. It includes sweetened tea and soft drinks like soda. On the contrary, you can take water, coffee, tonic water, and honey for better health.
Many people forget to drink enough water for their body functioning. By doing so, the body functions better, and blood volume increases. You can drink as much water as you can to nourish your body.
Avoid Harmful substances
Bad habits like alcohol drinking and cigarette smoking are harmful to your health. You can seek rehabilitation to recover from toxic substances and have a healthy lifestyle. Still, rest by sleeping enough hours will help with mental and physical wellbeing.