‘’Keep your hands clean and stay safe’’ this maxim has become the need of the hour. Our hands are extensively used medium for various daily activities.We carry back viruses and bacteria to our homes through our hands. Viruses and Bacteria are the main reasons for the spreading of illness. They spread through the air or other various source but one of the important sources is your hands. Thus keeping your hands clean becomes most important tomaintain good health.
Let us all turn evangelists of good health and discuss a few factors contributing to hand hygiene.
7 Steps of Handwashing:
Handwashing is a frequentactivity and should be performed religiously to attain the best hygiene. Quick hand washing orrinsing hands with soap water never yield you results.
Important steps for Good handwashing are as explained below:
- The prerequisite for cleaning hands is clean and flowing water.
- Wash your hands with soap thoroughly by rubbing your hands together with soap and water for a minimum of 40 seconds.
- The front and back portion of your hands should be rubbed properly.
- Use antibacterial soap to wash hands.
- Use an ample quantity of water to clean.
- Once you are done with handwashing dry your hands with a clean towel or a paper napkin.
- During the period of epidemics and pandemics, maintaining hand hygiene becomes an important activity because as found by healthcare experts viruses gather on hands very quickly. We use our hands to consume food, water, and perform daily activities such as cooking, cleaning, etc. To keep your hands clean from germs andstop their entry to your body, hand hygiene is essential. Hand washing has become a mandatory activity in every family to maintain hand hygiene, free from germs and infections.
Additionally, you can also use hand gloves to maintain hand hygiene.
Importance of Handwashing
The importance of handwashing increases with the use of antibacterial soap to keep the germs away.
- Soaps are formulated using stoichiometric compositions of antibacterial chemicals to keep germs away and provide 100 % protection.
- Antibacterial soaps are blended with skin-enriching components like aloe vera to nourish the skin while handwashing.
- Antibacterial soaps kill the virus and bacteria on hands and stop the spread of disease.
- They not only stop you from catching infections but also prevent spreading the infections to people coming in your contact.
Every person possesses the right to good health and happiness. Due to unprecedented climatic conditions, floods, epidemics, and pandemics mankind haveto bear the brunt of nature. Change in climatic conditions gives rise to viruses and bacteria which widespread using some or other mediums such as air, hands, surface, etc. Our constant endeavor should be to perform our bit correctly to stop the spread of disease by maintaining a hygiene routine.