Botox therapy has gained prominence in today’s era owing to the desire of people to hold onto their youthful appearance without any fine lines on their face or crow’s feet by the eyes. The stressful life of the modern-day leads to the formation of wrinkles quite earlier, which further makes a person conscious about how he looks. Nowadays, men and women resort to Botox therapy, where dermal fillers of botulinum toxin type A are injected into the skin. This toxin restricts the muscles and nerves of the targeted area. For instance, if you receive Botox in your facial muscles, Botox blocks release acetylcholine, which ends the communication between nerves and muscles. As a result, it prevents the contraction of muscles and smooths the wrinkles and fine lines. It is undeniable that Botox does wonders to your wrinkled skin and removes the signs of aging by conferring a youthful glow. However, the effects of it last only for three to four months. If you wish to attain the best results possible with Botox, you must follow some basic rules before and after the treatment.
Firstly, before getting a Botox, you must abide by these for attaining the best results:
- You must select a reputed and experienced doctor who can guide you about this treatment and can administer the injections skilfully without any error. The doctor specializing in this therapy is fully aware of all potential consequences and thus can handle the situation with precision.
- Have a thorough discussion with your doctor about your health condition, medication, allergies, etc., so that he can advise you accordingly and suggest whether to proceed with the therapy or not.
- If you want to get the best results, you must not drink alcohol for a few days before the therapy. Again, you must consult with the doctor and stop taking medicines that can thin the blood. It will help to avoid bruising after the treatment.
- Ask your doctor about every detail of this therapy to clarify all your doubts and queries. It will make you mentally prepared and aware of what you should and should not do before and after the treatment.
Secondly, after the therapy, you must follow these rules:
- You must void rubbing or massaging the area injected with Botox as it might shift the toxin from the required location. If that happens, you won’t receive the expected result. So at least for a few days, you must not touch the area even if it causes itchiness or irritation.
- It would be best to practice some facial exercises comprising facial expressions like smiling, grinning, frowning, etc. These movements help the Botox toxin settle and seep into the muscle of the targeted area to ensure the best results.
- It will help if you avoid direct sun exposure as sun rays enhance the number of wrinkles and thus jeopardized the purpose of the treatment. So, it is best to put on some sunblock lotion before stepping out.
Thus, to attain the best result of Botox, you must follow the above-stated guidelines, and most importantly, you should seek the guidance and assistance of a trained professional who can make the therapy successful.